about me


recent thought / activity


     

     



     

    See the full list at LibraryThing
     


    audio



     
     

     

    recently

    Not too many posts lately, sorry about that. I didn't spend a lot of time on the Web this past week, mostly because I had a guest in town...

    I did manage, however, to find enough time to start playing around with del.icio.us, which so far seems like a great solution to my long-standing complaint(s) about the terrible design and flat-out unusability of browser-based "bookmarks." I could rant about this for quite a while, but the short version has to do with the difference between a hierarchy (bookmarks as links buried within folders within folders) and a network (bookmarks as links which can be multiply tagged and thus are "findable" through multiple points of inquiry). Plus the whole "tagging" system integrates almost seamlessly with my already-existing index-card keyword system. Anyway, anyone who wants to check out the assortment of bookmarks I've recently amassed as a preliminary go at the whole del.icio.us thing can check them out here.

    New long-form works compliation disc from Rebis should be back from the pressing plant this week; more news about the tour soon (although I will say that my solo set in Philly is sadly now off the schedule).

    Labels:

     

    Wednesday, March 15, 2006
    10:09 AM

     

    Comments: Post a Comment


     
         

     
         

    2011 archive >>

    2010 >>

    2009 >>

    2008 >>

    2007 >>

    2006 >>

    2005 >>

    2004 >>

    2003 >>

    2002 >>

    rss (xml)