about me


recent thought / activity


     

     



     

    See the full list at LibraryThing
     


    audio



     
     

     

    two million tongues : preview I

    For those of you who can't be in Chicago for the Two Million Tongues festival (hyperlinked lineup below), I figured I'd post some relevant MP3s.

    Since tonight Tony Conrad will be playing [!], here's "Trance #2," a sweet little drone miniature featuring Conrad in collaboration with Velvet Underground alums John Cale and Angus MacLise. This is from 1965 (!) and yet you could slot it next to something more contemporary (a psychedelic noise jam from Finland, or a slab of lo-fi sound from New Zealand, say) and it would still sound completely at home.

    I'll try to post another MP3 from one of Friday's performers tomorrow, but my schedule is pretty tight, so... we'll see?

    Unrelated: list of books I've read this year now up-to-date.

    Labels: , ,

     

    Thursday, November 03, 2005
    6:09 PM

     

    Comments: Post a Comment


     
         

     
         

    2011 archive >>

    2010 >>

    2009 >>

    2008 >>

    2007 >>

    2006 >>

    2005 >>

    2004 >>

    2003 >>

    2002 >>

    rss (xml)