about me


recent thought / activity


     

     



     

    See the full list at LibraryThing
     


    audio



     
     

     

    a fiction of adequacy

    I composed this post in my head as I was lying awake last night between 4 am and 6 am.

    I am looking for a fiction that can both adequately (not sentimentally) represent the experience of a woman in China who works removing copper wire from discarded computer monitors and adequately (not ironically) represent the experience of a suburban teenager who does chaos magic rituals online. A fiction that charts the complex global movements of capital (see Mark Lombardi) but which hasn't lost touch with the fine grain of everyday existence as lived by actual people.

    I have a vague sense of what such a fiction would look like, but I seem to increasingly feel like I lack both the research skill and the imaginative capacity to produce it.

    Labels: ,

     

    Saturday, October 08, 2005
    1:55 PM

     

    Comments: Post a Comment


     
         

     
         

    2011 archive >>

    2010 >>

    2009 >>

    2008 >>

    2007 >>

    2006 >>

    2005 >>

    2004 >>

    2003 >>

    2002 >>

    rss (xml)